Welcome to ‘Writing Together’ – The Poetry Business’ digital writer development programme, featuring virtual workshops, Digital Poets-in-Residence, audio & blog content, eBooks and writing exercises.
In this difficult time, we are offering writing resources online to make up for missed Writing Days and other PB events so that we can ensure our poetry community stays connected and that we keep writing.
Virtual Poetry Workshops
Our programme of virtual poetry workshops are a digital alternative to our popular Writing Days, and feature brilliant writing exercises, supportive feedback, and excellent company.
Bursary Places & Gift Tickets
All sessions include two additional bursary spaces per workshop reserved for BAME writers, writers from underrepresented backgrounds, and writers currently experiencing financial hardship.
If you are able to, please consider buying a ‘gift place’ for someone who might otherwise be unable to participate. These can be purchased by clicking on ‘Workshop & Gift Ticket Bundle’ on Eventbrite.
If you would like to participate and are facing particular financial hardship, are a BAME writer, or feel you experience other barriers to participation, please contact us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Workshops: Times & Dates
Guest Tutored Writing Together Workshops
December Dates with Niall Campbell
- Niall Campbell – Know Your Place – Connecting Yourself to the World Around – Tuesday 1st December – 11:00am–12:30pm
- Niall Campbell – Into the Dark Woods – the Poetry of Forests, Mushrooms and Foraging – Tuesday 8th December – 11:00am–12:30pm
December Dates with Kathryn Simmonds
- Kathryn Simmonds – Hearing Voices – Thursday 3rd December – 11:00am–12:30pm
- Kathryn Simmonds – Hearing Voices – Thursday 10th December – 11:00am–12:30pm
December Date with Jasmine Simms – A New Poets Workshop
- Jasmine Simms – In the beginning there was…A poetry workshop! – Thursday 10th December – 6:00pm–7:30pm – A New Poets workshop aimed at poets under the age of 30.
Our new programme of Digital Workshops will be announced in January 2021
How To Use Zoom for Virtual Workshops
These workshops will be conducted via Zoom. We have put together this simple ‘How To’ document to help you download Zoom, join a meeting, and navigate around the meeting features (such as adjusting video and audio, uploading files, and sharing screens).
You will receive a confirmation email from Eventbrite with your ticket and a link to the Online Event Page. This is where you can find the Zoom invitation, containing the meeting link and Meeting ID & Password.
Someone from The Poetry Business team will be on hand prior to each workshop to offer additional help over the phone in getting connected.
There is usually a lot of interest in our workshops: in the interest of fairness, please limit yourself to one workshop ticket in every two week period.
Here are some more helpful links:
- Click here to go to Zoom.
- Download Zoom Client for Meetings here.
- Click here for a video on using Zoom Meeting Controls.
- Click here for a video on Zoom Screen Sharing.
We will continue to update this page with more information over the coming weeks. Keep checking back in for more about Writing Together and our online writer development resources.